Is Your Video Ready for Mobile? A 5 Five Point ChecklistDavid 05.24.2013
As mobile video continues to grow, it’s becoming more and more important for video content producers to optimize their videos for mobile. Luckily, most video-sharing websites such as YouTube or Vimeo automatically format your video for mobile when you upload it onto their site. But there are other considerations in the design and creation of the video itself that can help you increase its impact:
- Make sure text is large, and readable. Viewers are looking at a very small screen, and need to be able to read the text.
- Make sure your audio is loud and clear. Most people are watching mobile content on-the-go, in public spaces. The audio needs to be loud and clear, so that they can hear in the midst of the noise around them.
- Insert links wherever necessary. Mobile viewers typically won’t take the time to type in your full website on the tiny keys of their device, so make sure you provide a visible “click-through” link in the description.
- More close-ups, less detail. Like the text, viewers can miss key aspects of your video if it is too small in frame.
- Test your video. Keep your recently uploaded video private until you’ve had a chance to test it out on your mobile device. See for yourself how it looks!