Digital Marketing Platforms (A Comparison)Blake Harris 08.04.2015
Yesterday, we talked about a recent report that named Adobe the current leader of digital marketing platforms. But, even though Adobe was at the top of the list, the report also listed six competitors with a strong position in this space (and who, together, a counted for 75% of the market sector). So today, to better understand the difference between what these leading platforms have to offer, we’ll take a closer look at each of the companies:
Tagline: Don’t Reach Your Customers. Know Them.
Their Pitch: What is Adobe Marketing Cloud? It’s the most complete set of marketing solutions available. And it gives you everything you need to get deep insight into your customers, build personalized campaigns and manage your content and assets.
- Mobile Engagement
- Data-Driven Marketing
- Cross-Channel Campaigns
- Solutions for Every Industry
Their Pitch: IBM digital marketing solutions enable you to use data about customer behaviors, from a variety of sources, to inform and promote personalized customer interactions in near real time. Using these solutions, you can create a single customer identity and deliver a consistent, personalized customer experience across channels—email, mobile, web and social—for higher online conversion rates and order value.
- Use customer data and behaviors to support personalized email interactions
- Automatically deliver targeted content using each visitor’s current and historical interests
- Make personalized product recommendations in online and offline channels based on wisdom-of-the-crowd algorithms and business rules management
- Deliver personalized push notifications to mobile and tablet website viewers
Their Pitch: Real marketing success starts with customers. With Oracle Marketing Cloud Strategic Services, you’ll develop deeper customer insights, implement targeted marketing programs, and enable true cross-channel integration – boosting overall marketing ROI. Customer analytics is the driver of your success, and our clients get results. Those who work with our strategic services team realize 35% better overall email engagement than clients who do not work with strategic services.
- Click predictor: Select customers who are likely to click again and reveal those that aren’t.
- Purchase predictor: Flag purchase drivers and select customers who are most likely to purchase again.
- Email velocity model: Highlight key inflection points in individual behavior over time, revealing targeting optimization opportunities.
- Revenue drive model: Score customers based on email activity (hyperactive vs. lapsing) and customer value. Use insights to develop targeted programs to increase engagement and drive long-term value.
Tagline: The Future of Marketing is 1-to-1 Customer Journeys
Their Pitch: In today’s connected world, every customer interaction matters. Marketing Cloud helps you make the most of every touchpoint, giving you the tools to manage the customer journey across all channels. Connect interactions from any channel or device, combining customer data and behaviors to create relevant communications that are delivered in real time, on your customers’ terms. Respond to and anticipate needs and move a customer forward in their unique journey with your brand.
- Journey Builder
- Email/Mobile/Social Media Marketing
- Predictive Intelligence
- Customer Data Platform
Tagline: Effective, customer-focused mobile, SMS and email marketing
Their Pitch: Take your mobile, SMS and email marketing to the next level by integrating multimedia messaging capabilities into your broader business strategy. With SAS, you get easy personalization, reliable delivery and real-time tracking – across a variety of digital channels.
- Real-time response measurement and reporting so you can adjust communications and improve response rates on the fly.
- Easily use content from your favorite editor (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.).
- Includes more than 40 out-of-the-box, web-based reports.
- Supports communications in any language, including double-byte character sets, such as Chinese.
Tagline: Enter the New Age of Marketing with Individualized Insights
Their Pitch: Creating powerful one-to-one connections with your customers simplifies the complex world of marketing. Teradata Marketing Applications empowers your brand to be more agile and deliver dynamic right-time experiences – through individualized insights that cut through the marketplace noise with relevant messages.
- Marketing Resource Management: Manage workflows, budgets, and market-ready assets that meet brand standards and industry regulations.
- Omni-Channel Marketing: Deepen your customer relationships by delivering individualized, relevant, right-time inbound and outbound communications with Teradata Omni-Channel Marketing.
- Digital Marketing: Create, test, execute, and optimize your digital marketing campaigns via email, mobile, social, and Web with Teradata Digital Marketing.
- Maketing Analytics: Harness the power of your customer data — across marketing campaigns, platforms, geographies, and departments — to build truly relevant, sales-generating marketing strategies with Teradata Marketing Analytics.
Tagline: Digital Marketing Puts the Buyer in the Driver’s Seat
Their Pitch: The quest of every organization is the same: to rapidly acquire customers, grow their lifetime value, and convert them into loyal advocates – who, in turn, influence new customers. But in today’s digital world, your customers have extraordinary access to information, well before they choose to interact with you… Built from the ground up, Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform provides everything marketers need to succeed in this new era of engagement marketing.
- Up-Sell and Cross-Sell: Increase share of wallet and revenue per customer with intelligent analytics and engaging relationship marketing campaigns.
- Event Marketing: Simplify every aspect of running and measuring in-person and online events. Includes integration with popular event software solutions.
- Lead Generation: Expand your funnel and make sales happy by creating more and better quality leads that convert into customers.
- Optimize Ad Spend: Get more from your ad spend with personalization and targeting.
Latest posts by Blake Harris (see all)
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Planet Unknown (3D Animation) - September 28, 2016
- PICK OF THE WEEK: Where Do Great Ideas Come From? (Animated Short) - September 21, 2016
- PICK OF THE WEEK: The Airport of the Future (Animated Video) - September 15, 2016